Roberta A. Rowe
- MA, 2003, Southwest Missouri State University
- BA, 2001, University of Missouri - Kansas City
- COM 115 Fundamentals Public Speaking
- COM 305 Service Learning: Communication
- COM 315 Public Speaking II.
- COM 397 Special Topics in Communication
- IDS 110 Introduction to University Life
Research and professional interests
Teaching Fundamentals of Public Speaking is very rewarding. In this class I get to witness students with high anxiety about public speaking become confident, eloquent speakers in only a few weeks! This type of growth is not always evident in other types of courses. Another interest for me is gender studies and inter-cultural communication. My particular focus has been about the portrayal of Native Americans in film and how stereotypical portrayals of a group of people can become society’s perception of that group. Recently I’ve become interested in the scholarship of teaching and learning; I am engaged in various programs to learn more about this area.
Awards and honors
- Outstanding Oral Presentation Award, SMSU Interdisciplinary Forum. (2003).
- Boritzki Scholar Nominee, Missouri State University. (2002).