Mission and Vision Statements
The Department of Communication promotes an inclusive teaching, learning, and scholarly environment where students learn to be competent and ethical communicators committed to public affairs.
- Communication competence: Communication students will effectively understand, analyze, and demonstrate communication processes
- Ethical discourse: Communication students will recognize, practice, and promote ethical communication.
- Diversity: Communication students will understand diverse peoples and interests and engage in communication practices that contribute to constructive relationships.
- Leadership and advocacy: Communication students will ethically lead and responsibly engage in advocacy and/or collective action
- Issues analysis: Communication students will understand, analyze, and evaluate messages and issues relevant to responsible citizenship.