The intercultural communication major also requires a minor (or second major).
Major requirements (30 hours)
Students pursuing an Intercultural Communication major must complete a minimum of nine hours not counted as requirements on any other major in the Department of Communication.
- Specific General Education requirements: COM 115(3).
- Departmental requirements: COM 209(3), 210(3), 350(3).
- Intercultural communication requirements: COM 260(3), 307(3), 360(3), 368(3), 468(3), 512(3).
- One course from: COM 325(3), 326(3), 390(3), 495(3), 597(3).
- Public Affairs Capstone Experience will be fulfilled by completion of COM 468(3).
- Minor required (or second major).
University level requirements:
Accelerated graduate program in Communication
Eligible Missouri State undergraduate students may apply for admission to the Communication program and begin taking graduate course work as they complete the work for a bachelor’s degree. A maximum of 12 hours of graduate credit may be counted toward both the undergraduate and graduate degree (Mixed Credit). Refer to the Graduate Catalog for specific admission requirements.
Refer to Undergraduate Students Taking Graduate Classes for additional information and procedures for obtaining permission for Mixed Credit.