Heather L. Walters
- MA, 2000, Missouri State University
- JD, 1999, University of Maryland School of Law
- BS, 1996, Missouri State University
- COM 209 Survey of Communication Theory
- COM 322 Introduction to Argumentation
- COM 328 Persuasion
Research and professional interests
Heather Walters debated for (Southwest) Missouri State University in the early 1990s and was the recipient of both the University and Debate Regents' Scholarships. She has won numerous debate awards, including a fourth-place at the National Jesuit Round Robin in 1995. In 1996, she placed 27th nationally at the National Debate Tournament and was a member of a top 16 (of 240) team at the Cross-Examination National Debate Tournament. She was an associate editor of The Business Lawyer and president of the University of Maryland's ACLU chapter.
Awards and honors
- Coach of CEDA and NDT National Debate Tournament semifinalist team, CEDA and NDT National Debate Tournament. (2008).
- Coach of First Round Bid Team to the National Debate Tournament. (2008).
- Who’s Who Among Business and Professional Women. (2007).
- Coach of First Round Bid team to the NDT. (2006).
- Cross-Examination Debate Association Above and Beyond the Call of Duty Award. (March 2006).
- Mid-America Region National Debate Critic of the Year Award, Mid-America Region National Debate. (March 2004).
- Debate Coach of the Year Award, Kansas City Kansas Community College. (October 2003).