Enhancing health care delivery
In addition to developing an understanding of and skills in effective and ethical communication, the health communication track focuses on communication theory and research in the health care context. Specifically, this option is targeted at students who aspire to or currently work for health organizations in various capacities and those who seek to improve their communication skills in the health care delivery process.
Within the health communication track, the primary areas of study include the following:
- Aging and ethics
- Communication in health care settings
- Interpersonal relationships and communication
- Nonverbal communication and listening
- Intercultural communication and health
- Public relations and promotion
For a more detailed outline of the classes required for the health communication track, please view the advising sheet.